Just to follow up my last post ... ahem, two months later ... here is a bit more bunny love from Penny Carnival land.
The girls and I made these bunny crowns today:
Yes, I do believe that's a crusty boog in Magpie's nose. We'd been playing outside and, well, noses run, it's still cold here and we all kind of looked like that today. Details, details.
The bunny crown is really quite a simple idea and one you could adapt to anything (snowmen crowns during winter, lemon crowns while selling lemonade from the driveway this summer ... you get the picture).
We made ours out of paper, but you could certainly use fabric.
And here's another last-minute Easter idea: napkin rings.
Again, totally adaptable to other themes, and you can skip the tissue paper fan for a more modern look.
Other things I'm loving right now:
2. This recipe for sweet potato-black bean chili. Thumbs up.
3. Boxy houses, like this one. Don't ask me how I stumbled upon that (I'm not exactly in the market for real estate in western Massachusetts), but I'm glad I did.
4. The look of this classroom in New York. Maybe in 20 years or so I'll get close.
5. The big, tacky trampoline that now uglies up our backyard. Worth. every. penny. The girls spend hours jumping on it (and then sleep like rocks at night). On day 2 of owning it, Bo said, "This is the second best day of my life!" (The best day, of course, was the day before when we first set up the thing.)
6. Papier mache. The kindies and I are in the process of making an octopus for our school's science fair. So much fun. I might go papier mache crazy with my own kids this summer.
7. Sleep. G'night.