1. To participate, you will need to sew something school-related for a child, teen or young adult in your life. You could sew just about anything. Clothes for a kindergartner. A headband for a 'tween. A backpack for a grade schooler. A luggage tag for a student heading overseas to study abroad. A laundry bag for a college student. Whatever!
2. The deadline is Monday, Sept. 13, 2010. I figure by that time, everyone will be back to school.
3. Once you've created something and photographed it, join the Penny Carnival Back-to-School Sew Along Flickr group and upload your pictures. If you don't use Flickr, post them on the Penny Carnival Facebook wall. If you don't use Facebook, just send me an e-mail with photos attached and I'll post it for you: megan.cooley (at) comcast.net.
4. When you submit your pictures, please tell us a bit about your creation(s). What fabric did you use? What pattern, if any? Why did you decide to make what you made?
5. During the week of Sept. 13, I will randomly choose one participant to receive a copy of Accord Publishing's 2011 Sewing Calendar, which has more than 100 sewing tutorials (including a few of mine) printed on easy-to-read fold-out cards.
Looking for inspiration? Check out these links to sewing patterns and fabric: